Speaker mounts for the RB61 system

peedog

From searching around the web, I've found numerous testimonials to the BTech BT77 speaker mounts but I can't find them anywhere. Searches point me to the Pinpoint AM40, which looks very similar. Any ideas on using the AM40 or a different mount from Omnimount to mount the RB61 speakers.

And for the rear speakers, the RS42, does anyone have any experience mounting these? I prefer a wall mount to a ceiling mount.

The omnimount web page is exceedingly difficult to browse. Their photos are of black speaker mounts against a black background. So I'm not very sure what I'd be getting and have no perspective on the size.

Thanks.

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums. I am using the BT77's to mount my RB-35 which are very similar in size to the RB-61's but it looks like they are no longer available from JR.com.

Looks like you can purchase them from Sonic Boom Audio. You might want to call them first to make sure they actually have them in stock.

Here is a set for sale on Ebay.

As far as mounting the RS-42's, I believe they have keyhole mount on the back so you would not need a mounting system for them.

• Moderators

I think in my setup, I would have been better getting the RS speakers since my rear seats are so close to the back wall. Unfortunatley, I had to mount the RB-35's really high (close to 8 feet) and the mounts I bought do not angle down more than 10 degrees. Eventually I will pick up the RS-52 or RS-62's and place them on the side. I'll have to rig up some kind of pole mount to hang one of the side surrounds since there is a sliding glass door where the speaker needs to go.

I think in my setup, I would have been better getting the RS speakers since my rear seats are so close to the back wall. Unfortunatley, I had to mount the RB-35's really high (close to 8 feet) and the mounts I bought do not angle down more than 10 degrees. Eventually I will pick up the RS-52 or RS-62's and place them on the side. I'll have to rig up some kind of pole mount to hang one of the side surrounds since there is a sliding glass door where the speaker needs to go.

That will be pretty interesting to see, make sure to post some pics when you do it!

I have the same issue with my rear seats being close to the back wall. If my rear seats are only about one foot away form the back wall, would you recommend getting something from the RS series rather than a bookshelf because they are so close?

• Moderators

That will be pretty interesting to see, make sure to post some pics when you do it!

Oh I will...both here and in my build thread. I have a friend in Alabama that is good at welding and almost any kind of carpentry work. He drew up an autocad sketch of his proposed mount. Was basically a square wall plate that screwed into the wall with a square pole that extended out (over my curtain) and down low enough for the RS to mount to. In the image below, there is a double sliding glass door behind the curtain on the left. I'll have to mount the metal plate above the curtain rod and come out over (or behind) the curtain several feet.

2.jpg4.jpg

• Moderators

I have the same issue with my rear seats being close to the back wall. If my rear seats are only about one foot away form the back wall, would you recommend getting something from the RS series rather than a bookshelf because they are so close?

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. My rear seats are about the same distance as yours to my rear wall. Below is a behind the seat shot. It is my understanding that the RS type (or even bipole/dipole) speaker) help disperse the sound so that it doesn't "sound" like it is coming from one direct source (ex. direct reflecting speakers). I just know that mine are way too high to benefit from them and they are not angled down enough, even for the front seats.

seating5.jpg

Oh I will...both here and in my build thread. I have a friend in Alabama that is good at welding and almost any kind of carpentry work. He drew up an autocad sketch of his proposed mount. Was basically a square wall plate that screwed into the wall with a square pole that extended out (over my curtain) and down low enough for the RS to mount to. In the image below, there is a double sliding glass door behind the curtain on the left. I'll have to mount the metal plate above the curtain rod and come out over (or behind) the curtain several feet.

2.jpg4.jpg

That is REALLY cool. I can't wait to see what it will look like when it is finished! When are you planning on doing all of it?

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. My rear seats are about the same distance as yours to my rear wall. Below is a behind the seat shot. It is my understanding that the RS type (or even bipole/dipole) speaker) help disperse the sound so that it doesn't "sound" like it is coming from one direct source (ex. direct reflecting speakers). I just know that mine are way too high to benefit from them and they are not angled down enough, even for the front seats.

seating5.jpg

I think I am going to go with some RS-42s instead of RB-61s even though I listen to mostly music. Because my seats are so far back, I don't think I would benefit with the RB-61s anyway...

• Moderators

That is REALLY cool. I can't wait to see what it will look like when it is finished! When are you planning on doing all of it?

Don't know exactly. The theater room is fully functional and we love watching movies in it asis and the theater room is bottom priority right now. Lots of other things that we are saving for (ex. ski trip).