Will RC-62 support 90lbs?

Sunroach

I am finally upgrading to HD theater after 20 years of old equipment. So much to learn. New TV-54G10, new blu-ray- LG390. Shopping for AVR & speakers. Have pretty much settled on RF-52 for fronts. Was also getting the RC-52. Ran into a placement problem with the center speaker. The TV sits on a new stand, no place for the center. So I though I could mount TV on wall and place RC-52 on stand under TV. The mount would run $100. So for the money I could upgrade to the RC-62 and place the TV on top of the speaker. Would the 62 support 90lbs? Has anyone done this kind of placement? Would the RC-62 be too much upgrade for the RF-52's? Help me figure this out.

i have my 46 in LCD sitting on my RC-62. the tv weighs between 60-70 pounds. just make sure you measure the base of your tv [:D]

as for your other questions, maybe some others can chime in.

i have the RF-62's, and they sound pretty good together. i'm sure it would sound great with your 52's, after you ran the audessy on your receiver.

• Moderators

I would think if you put a vertical brace in the middle (back). You may even be able to put a brace or two in the front between drivers ? []**oo*[]*<>*[]*oo**[] ?

If you were looking to raise your TV a little a stand with a piece of wood on the front to hide some 2x4 on edge (much stronger) would work also. What I am trying to say is that kind of stand, a little bigger so it can have, say a 4" front face of nice wood and the 2x4's on edge from side to side to keep the top from sagging. I did that on a TV cabinet around a 65" Tv with the electronics and a Forte ll center on top and it has not had any sag after a few years.

I will go take a pic or two to try to explain what I am talking about.

What about a stand to go over the center channel to set the TV on. Shaped like this.... [*********] with a brace in the rear in the center so it does not bow . Just an idea?

excellent point dtel, i have done exactly this and works a treat.. as per dtel's clever illustration you will notice he has not covered the back, that is in case the centre is rear ported, If rear ported you do not want to cover the back of the stand.