Aragon 8002

gamer

I was curious if anyone uses this amp and if so how do you like it. I posted a while back about the POA-5200 and basically the info I got back was it was pretty much going to be the same as my current reciever (Denon 4800)as far as 2 channel music goes. Im looking for a little more oomph that I feel is missing from my KLF10s; they are loud and all just lacking the depth (for lack of a better word) that I would expect from a speaker of its size. OK back to the subject. First question is can I use the Aragon 8002 with my AVR-4800 as a preamp? This amp is rated at 125x2 same as the Denon and POA-5200 will it give me a large improvement over the Denon for 2 channel listening? Will this amp work together will my other equipment in Home theatre?

The Denon will eat dust.Be it Acurus,Aragon,ATI,Outlaw these simple amps have GUTS the Denon,Pioneer amps simply dont have.

SO yes the Aragon should improve things,be it slam,freedom from audible compression or soundstage.

While Keith recomends the Acurus,may I point the ATI 1505 or 2505,all the power and quality you may even need with any Klipsch.

The large Aragon 8008 is a sweet amp,heard the older version.A real brute,the 8008 is a tank.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

OK then Ill do some more looking and see what I can find out about the above stated amps. Will my Denon be compatable with these amps? Will I be able to adjust the channel level as I can know? What amps are you using and how did you hook them up? Thanks! I never thought Id be looking for more then the Denon has to offer, probably dont need it either just havent bought anything in a while and think ITS TIME!!!!!!! cwm2.gif

Hi Gamer - You won't notice any change in functionality by using outboard amps. Everything will work the same -- you're just bypassing the amps in the Denon (which are placed after all the channel level settings, signal processing, etc... in the chain of things they are the last stop before the speakers).

I have an Acurus 200x3 (bench tested at about 315 wpc) driving the front speakers in my HT, hooked to my Denon 3300 receiver. Noticed a significant improvement over the 105 wpc of the Denon. Again, it's not just amount of power, it's clarity and cleanliness, too. (Sounds like words to live by Smile.gif).

Doug

------------------

My System

Gamer,

"Will my Denon be compatable with these amps?"

Uh uh YES YES and YES,dont let any biggot tell you its not.You could use Krell monoblocks if you wanted to(heh if you have a balistic budget).Any good power amplifier will do.In Aragon,ATI or Acurus you have a winner.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I never like recommending anything to anyone,gamer.I try not to oversell either.It is hard to tell what people expect for their dollars.I will tell you that you can expect better(tighter/quicker)bass,better clarity and hi's(not good sometimes)and probably a longer life for your receiver.Don't know what you mean about depth,so can't comment there.Although the KLF-10's are nice speakers you might consider that for the $1000 or so you're talking about for the amp and whatever you could get by selling your KLF-10's,you're getting somewhat close to the cost of some of the new Reference speakers,if you like their sound.Just a thought.

To me,for the price the Acurus A200FIVE would be hard to beat.You can never have too much power laying around.Just ask ears!

Keith

Thanks for answering all my dumb questions I just wanted to be sure it will work before I drop cash on a

super heavy paper weight. How much is this Acurus 200x5? I like the idea of saving my reciever from all the hard work I put it through and all channels would match which is cool!! Maybe a little more than I can spend right now as Im moving pretty soon. ATI 1505 & 2505 whats a good price? 5 or 2 channel? Would I get better stereo sound from a 2 channel only amp or would it matter? I like my HT sound, but I also like the idea of not working my reciever at all.

Thanks for answering all my dumb questions I just wanted to be sure it will work before I drop cash on a

super heavy paper weight. How much is this Acurus 200x5? I like the idea of saving my reciever from all the hard work I put it through and all channels would match which is cool!! Maybe a little more than I can spend right now as Im moving pretty soon. ATI 1505 & 2505 whats a good price? 5 or 2 channel? Would I get better stereo sound from a 2 channel only amp or would it matter? I like my HT sound, but I also like the idea of not working my reciever at all. Kinda off subject but has any of you guys heard of Bic Venturi? My Dad has a pair of these from way back 15" woofs 3 horns on each one, dont know model. To tell the truth the speakers themselves are kinda ugly looking he got some speaker cabinets to match his entertainment center so I havent taken a look in a long time. Ok to the point these speakers sound really nice, uses a 2 channel ES sony amp to drive them. He says they were not as much as the klipsch when he bought them (70s sometime). I wonder if they still make speaks? Anyway Im never parting with klipsch as my neighbor agrivator, but I have heard ALOT of speaks and to me these may be the next best things to klipsch for someone looking for a little bit cheaper speaker. Has anyone heard these or of them??

super heavy paper weight. How much is this Acurus 200x5? I like the idea of saving my reciever from all the hard work I put it through and all channels would match which is cool!! Maybe a little more than I can spend right now as Im moving pretty soon. ATI 1505 & 2505 whats a good price? 5 or 2 channel? Would I get better stereo sound from a 2 channel only amp or would it matter? I like my HT sound, but I also like the idea of not working my reciever at all. Kinda off subject but has any of you guys heard of Bic Venturi? My Dad has a pair of these from way back 15" woofs 3 horns on each one, dont know model. To tell the truth the speakers themselves are kinda ugly looking he got some speaker cabinets to match his entertainment center so I havent taken a look in a long time. Ok to the point these speakers sound really nice, uses a 2 channel ES sony amp to drive them. He says they were not as much as the klipsch when he bought them (70s sometime). I wonder if they still make speaks? Anyway Im never parting with klipsch as my neighbor agrivator, but I have heard ALOT of speaks and to me these may be the next best things to klipsch for someone looking for a little bit cheaper speaker. Has anyone heard these or of them?? Oh by the way where is a good place to buy these amps? Doug how much was your acurus 200x3?

Gamer,

The ATI 1505 can be purchased for 1099USD(I heard from a Klipsch board member),at 1099 it represents awesome value any way you look at it.

The 2505 should be a bit under 2 grand,still a monster power amd at a very good price.

ATI,Celeste and Krell can count on me to purchase more of their products.When you get a quality power amp you will not settle for a cheapie reciever amp(no matter how expensive the reciever).

Keith,

Yep too much power what is this? I just cant understand

The more the better

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Did a little hunting on the internet and I probably wont get a chance to demo these but based on looks alone I like the looks of that ATI; looks pretty heavy duty. The 1505 is closer to my price range may be a couple weeks cause I want to find out if any repairs are going to be needed to sell my house. Thanks for the advice. Has anyone heard of those speakers I mentioned above Im just curious? Man I screwed up posting, kept thinking of more to add and didnt think it had been sent yet! cwm30.gif