ksb1.1??

derik

the 1.1's are the original, the -1's are the newer version. besides the port being in the back of the speaker and the horn tweeter being larger, i think the speaker is about the same. the grills might be different.

with my 3.1's the grill is metal where i've seen grills on the newer stuff that is cloth.

sound may be a little better with the new versions since the tweeter is larger, but overall should be comparable.

------------------

Denon 1601

Sony VCR, DVD, CD Changer (all from Best Buy... that means its the 'Best')

Philips CD Burner

Panasonic 32" TV

KSB 3.1

KSC-C1

KSF-S5

KSW-12

There is no ksb-1. The KSB-1.1 was the smallest product in the .1 bookshelf series. The SB-1 is the smallest speaker in the current series. They are different sizes, different cabinet construction, different drivers, different horns, different crossover networks and different prices. Other than that they are identical. See the products area of this web site for specifics.

Oh yeah, they sound different too.

I apologize in advance. Send all nasty comments to notme@nowhere.com

Gee, BobG, I wanted to cheer you up from all the nasties so I looked up notme@nowhere.com and here is where it led me: http://www.privacyfoundation.org/education/webbug.html#yahoo

I always new you were a private sort of guy but I really didn't think you would carry it that far.

cwm40.gif Apparently, you didn't think I would either!

Just thought you would like to know where you are actually directing all those nasty comments.cwm34.gif -HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-13-2002 at 11:09 AM

That's a hoot Ed. I was in a nasty mood when I penned that post. Serves me right. I just hope the feds don't come down on me. An 8' X 10' room with bars on one wall is no place for horn loaded speakers! I'll try to play nice from here on in.