Anyone Ever Checked Out The ERSE Website ?

ka7niq

They have some cool stuff for the speaker builder and re builder http://www.erseaudio.com/Products/HookupWire/WH-3

I have used their capacitors in speaker crossover rebuilds, and was very pleased, for the money.

They have binding posts, really cool coils, all kinds of neat stuff.

Unfortunately, they have a 20.00 minimum order with PayPal at least.

I had to order a little extra stuff for my Cornwall 2 crossover rebuild, just to make the minimum order requirement.

Cool Beans !

The ERSE Pulse Poly Caps ordered last week just arrived by UPS !!!

I "splurged" and bought the 400vdc and 630vdc Caps, instead of the 250 volt ERSE Pulse Caps I have used before.'

They were but a few cents more money, so I thought WTF ??

I need to get my kids over here to help me take the Cornwall 2's down.

I took them out of the box, and they are now in my freezer to "Cryo" them

ROTFLMAO

nice website and their cap prices look good enough - cap question in general - when there's a choice of film thickness and voltage rating under one manufacturer, which if any would be "better" for crossover work where huge peak to peak voltages may not be seen and there's no dc voltage on the cap? - guess there's no way to tell from specs - -hope the new caps get ya what ya want to hear and are fun.

nice website and their cap prices look good enough - cap question in general - when there's a choice of film thickness and voltage rating under one manufacturer, which if any would be "better" for crossover work where huge peak to peak voltages may not be seen and there's no dc voltage on the cap? - guess there's no way to tell from specs - -hope the new caps get ya what ya want to hear and are fun.

Good question Freddy ?

When I looked at the Red Clarity Caps vs the lower priced Blue Clarity Caps, they made a big deal how the Red Caps had higher voltage ratings and a thicker film.

So, I reasoned that the higher voltage ERSE Caps must be sonically better ??

However, a google search revealed that if all other things are equal, the thicker film of a higher voltage cap with have a higher ESR !!!

Can we say "biting our nails"

Actually, the slightly higher ESR of the higher voltage ERSE caps MAY be a good thing, since they are replacing realtively high ESR Mylar Caps in the stock cornwall 2 crossover ?

The ERSE caps are not as long as some poly caps, intentionally.

ERSE claims this is superior sonically, but I just like it cause they seem easier to place in the crossover.

I like messing around inside of speakers, and if my Boys were here to help me, the cornwalls would be already apart, getting surgery!

Did you see the coils and other stuff ERSE sells ?

Resonable prices too ?

I looked at it all and have used their Super-Q inductors - maybe saturated one in brutal C(500uF series)L(20-30mH shunt) "boost" (pulls more power and drops Z) setup watching it yank pliers to little steel core on drum beats - --hope whichever new caps I get put my Khorns in good running order - I've never had Khorn sound as good as Karlson on cello - maybe make that one K15 rather than a pair as mono can sometimes serve better than 2-channel - Khorn dissatisfaction = probably partly flexy room and wide spread (~26ft wall) of Khorn w/o center channel - - tone right now on my Khorn with old caps & cello = bloated/indistinct/disconnected in a sense from the midhorn- does that sound like shot caps to you?

hmm - gotta be shot - but the mids are very good - the wooly bass is a problem and sounds that way even pulled from the corner Posted Image

the room's wall resonance is horrible - would cement board in the corners damp?