RW-10d

Fizzerman

Here is what I would recommend,

Set the crossover to "Lowpass OFF LFE mode" which turns the subs crossover OFF and use the crossover in your receiver, try setting the receiver to 80 hz this is the THX std and probably best with your speakers.

Set the subs EQ mode to "Flat"

Turn the subs volume all the way up and use the receivers settings to balance the subs volume to the rest of the speakers, a Radio Shack sound level meter works very well for this but you can just do it by ear.

Set the Phase to whichever setting produces the most bass at your listening position. If you really don't hear much difference just set the Phase to "0".

This is probably a great start and very likely the best settings but you should feel free to experiment to what sounds best to you.

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue as well, its hard to figure out exactly how to set the RW-10d with my setup. I have 3 setups though that seem to work well, movie is set at like -2 and with depth, music is set at -4 with punch and night is set at -8 with flat. I don't mess with phase or anything else because well I just don't know much about it. I think it sounds awfully good with my setup, I really enjoy the sub it is much better than most other entry level subs IMO. I got mine for relatively cheap because my brother worked for a tech company that sold AV equipment to large corporations and the Klipsch Reference line was the lowest line in their product line so I think I got the RW-10d for like $250 brand new. It hits so hard it shakes my entire downstairs flooring lol I really do love it. I think the thing I need to figure out is optimal placement. the way my room is set up, its a large rectangle so I have to put my system in the corner. So I have my sub behind everything firing towrads the wall. I gave it some room to breath, but I wonder if I fired it out into the room if it would hit cleaner but unfortunately I don't have the room size to experiment. Next house, next house lol