More power/speakers

winchester21

OK I have lost my mind- I am running 7 heritage speakers- K horns- LS and Cornwalls using outboards on everything but the cornwall surrounds- looking at 2 ch Emotiva 200 wpc to fix that situation- HK 870 croaked- I am also considering adding an additional 2nd Lascala center channel in the rear using another Emotiva to run the 2 centers I have a 7 ch Sony HT receiver. How should I connect this to the amp?

The system is crazy good now but this may put it over the top- opinions?

Is the rear center a designated location (as the marketers sell us more speaker locations) or is it something you're looking to create (since you don't seem to have a "rear center output" in your gear)??

I think a 7 channel heritage system is already crazy nuts & over the top but that's why I admire you (and the others who have done the same)!

If you are looking to create a phantom center rear, I'd wonder if you could use the same mini-box (or what ever it's called) where a front center channel is derrived by mixing the right/left signals a bit. Could you instead, mix the rear channels with this same box to get the summed center rear channel? Presuming I'm understanding you correctly, I don't see why that might not work.

I ws thinking of maybe 'splitting "the front center channel output somehow- kinda like 2 subwoofers. I figured some other maniac on this forum had already tried it.

I have an extra LS that needs to be used.

7 channel Heritage is totally ridiculious...in a good way.