Has anyone had experience with the new hk 3490

Montigue231

• 7 months later...

I have paired up the hk3490 with a pair of rf-82's. I upgraded from a hk avr125. the difference in amazing. I use to need my synergy 10's sub for good lows but now the towers can handle that on their own. I barley use the sub now because the towers themselves sound amazing.

Welcome to the Klipsch Forums Chaboofasnir, we're glad you're here.

Great news on the upgrade and isn't it amazing what a better receiver will do! [;)]

I'm glad you're enjoying your gear,

Dennie

I have one and have used it with lascalas and heresys so far. It's a match for Heritage speakers. Plenty of power. Nice and clean but not analytical. Not fatiguing or bright. Tight bass and crisp highs. A lot of performance for what i paid.

Hellow . I too have been looking to upgrade my receiver, I recently got a pair of kg4's and already had a yamaha RX-V595 avr. It sounded much better with the kg4's than it did with my old tower speakers , but the yamaha is more suited to ht than for 2channel. I was pleased with the upgrade, but knew the kg4's could , and should sound better. Not being way knowledgeable about the stereo world (obviously) lol, I got a kv3 center speaker to try to improve music quality. Well, that is more so to improve ht, and very much does which is great. I mainly want to improve my LOUD MUSIC quality though.From blues to thrash. Well anyway, I to just purchased a HK3490 and it should arrive soon. I looked at ,and listened to a CAMBRIDGE AUDIO- TOPAZ SR10, and was'nt really impressed. It's a bit more pricey at about $500. I have heard on here, and elsewhere that klipsch + hk pair together well.I decided to get the hk 3490 instead(without hearing it),and then read your post. I know they are different speakers and our room is 17ft by 24ft ,but I am hoping to get the improvement I am after and then move on from there. I hope the speaker placement gets you the sound you want and will be checking post to see. I imagine I will be going through that myself pretty soon and will l let you know if I find anything that can help. I know this reply really is not doing anything to help, but since I got one coming soon myself , I did. I hope to here good news, and MUSIC