Heresy II's For Sale (Upgrading) Any Takers?

DVois

JHawk92,

Josh is right, if are ok with dealing with just anybody to sell you a pair of speakers, then you could stay home and just order a pair of Klipsch off the web and get them delivered to you, But if you want a very good feeling about buying a set of speakers and feel like you are in control and if you enjoy dealing with someone that is personable like Andy at NewEngland HiFi. It would be worth the 2 hr. trip just to feel that you just bought the greatest pair of speakers in the world from your best friend. Thats hard to beat.

Doug

------------------

Current System

Cornwalls 1 (LF/RF)

Hersey II's (LR/RR) Sold

RC-7 (Center)

KSW-12 (Sub)

Adcom GTP500

Yamaha DSP-A1

H/K DVD-50

(Future Expansion)

LaScala's (any day)

AVR 8000

I just wanted to add my two cents about New England Hi-Fi. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. They helped me out a lot a couple of years ago when I was experiencing trouble with my SW 12. The perform service on site which makes a big difference to me. They also don't mind you coming in and "kicking the tires". They truly are a great group of people over there. I've never heard anything bad about their service. Hopefully this will keep them in business for a long time to come.

------------------

My System So Far:

Fronts: KLF 10 (Med. Oak)

Center: KLF C7 (Med. Oak)

Surrounds: Def. Tech BP6

Sub: SW-12II (Black Ash)

Receiver: H/K AVR 25II

DVD: Panasonic DVDR31S

CD: Yamaha CDC 655

I don't live anywhere near Maine (my girlfriend is from Rockland however) but it's just real nice to hear there are stores out there with people like this Andy fella running them.

I have established a pretty good relationship with a guy at the local Sound Advice. I bought my C7, RS-3's, HTS-3500 and numerous IC's from him, and he has been very fair throughout. Not quite Internet prices but close enough to continue to give him the business. He's very knowledgeable and has worked there for 20 years. He lets me come in and listen to my own CD's on numerous systems, and never says a word or tries to sell me something. He waits until I'm ready to talk to him. A true professional in every sense of the word.

Glad to hear there are other establishments (and people like Nestor) like that out there...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

I'm from Maine originally and I'm almost certain it was NE music where I heard my first klipsch cornwalls when I was 23 (12 years ago). Are they in Scarborough? Is there still a roller skating rink diagonally across the street? If that's the place ...I bought so much stuff there! H/K amp, B/A speakers etc etc etc. Those guys rock there!

BigBusa,

You got it. The rollerrink in now "Bob's Discount" (sorta like Marden's). NewEngland HiFi is still selling Klipsch & H/K. The area around NewEngland HiFI is all developed now, you name it and it is there.

Nice to see that someone other than me has spent a small fortune there. HaHa

Doug

------------------

Current System

Cornwalls 1 (LF/RF)

??????????? (LR/RR)

RC-7 (Center)

KSW-12 (Sub)

Adcom GTP500

Yamaha DSP-A1

H/K DVD-50

(Future Expansion)