Star Trek Oscar Snub

D-Rex

http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/blog/38-surprising-snubs-from-the-oscar-nominations

Ok, I understand we aren't talking "Gone with the Wind" here but having seen both Avatar and Star Trek I was so much more impressed with Star Trek!! I even saw Avatar on the Big "3D" Screen and it still was just an average movie to me. I loved the characters playing my beloved Star Trek characters, I loved the story (if someone can fill me in on what appears to be a giant gap) and the special effects were simply awesome! Should it win Best Picture? Probably not, that usually goes to the artsy fartsy films but it should be nominated over Avatar in my fantasy world!

Now, with that said, can someone tell me why the bad guy (Eric Bana) didn't simply travel to his world (since he had time travelled back in time) and save them from the exploding star? Why did he feel he had to seek revenge for his planet being destroyed when his planet hadn't even been destroyed yet? I thought they tried to address that in the movie but I didn't quite get it.