Bi-Wiring KLF 30's with Denon 3208

Dombo

I have a Denon 3208 reciever and a set of KLF 30's. I want to bi-wire them. I want to first know if bi-wiring them will improve the sound. I have an idea of how to set everything up from other web pages, but people here know their **** . So, is it also called bi-wiring when you just replace the metal conector between binding posts with wire or is it really bi-wiring when you run TWO cables to the low and high inputs on the speaker from the reciever? Last thing is where do I input the cables on the reciever, do they go into the same input or two seperate ones? Unclear on how to physically put a banana plug and spade on the same post, does that work?

Thank You

Dombo - Welcome aboard! You might also want to search the forum using the keyword "bi-wire". I think you'll get lots of past threads about it which will be useful.

Bi-wiring would not be accomplished by replacing the metal straps with speaker wire, although you should do that. You will need to run two separate pairs of speaker wires to each speaker. At the Denon end, you connect them both to the same binding posts (+ to red, - to black). Since there really isn't much room for spade connectors on the Denon (I don't think), I'd suggest using stacking banana plugs (one plug plugs into the the back of the other). You can get them from www.partsexpress.com.

Doug

------------------

My System

The Denon web site has a very good explanation of Bi-wire. There is special wire that is supposed to work as a unit to cancel induced noise and such. Several sites and reviews report better sound when speakers that are designed for Bi-wire are converted to that wiring format. It is a cheaper option to obtain better sound. Again all wire is NOT the same, and listening before and after is always the final judge.

amp-Denon AVR 4802

RF-3s,RC3, & RB3s