What I got.

sonnyboy

I've had a pair of Heresy's since '78; in the last 3 wks. I've added a Pioneer dv-c36,a Denon3802, and a KlfC-7. (this board directly influenced all 3 choices-Thanks!) I've got an optical connection from the dvd to the 3802, and s-vid from there to the TV. Is that OK? Could you guys tell me the best mode to play cd music in? It seems that it sounded best with without the center, but I can't even remember how I had the unit set. I'm a little slow. OK, real slow. Any help with this would be appreciated.

If your TV supports component video connection, you might want to compare that to the s-vid connection. I found the component video connection to be more natural in its colors.

Have you got room for another pair of Heresy's as surrounds, either on stands or hung from the ceiling/wall?

Doug

------------------

My System

I have the 3802 with Heresy II front and Heresy side (facing forward due to room). I play most CD music in 7 channel stereo (the rears are set to small) and I have the center channel level reduced to near nothing.

Even when I had another Heresy set in the middle, the effect was a lack of definition from the front when center was fired up. The stereo imaging without that center is amazing to me - better than anything I had auditioned. The majority of CDs seem to benefit and the room filling clarity is surprising - seems more pros than cons.

The 3802 remembers channel levels by effect so you will not mess with DTS/Dolby (or other) settings by changing this.

As always - this is my opinion and the setup may not be as pleasing to your ears.

Enjoy

------------------

Hwatkins

Thanks for the replies---Doug-My TV (32" Tosh.) is about 7 yrs. old and the s-vid connection is the best it has--I just thought maybe I was screwing-up with opt. going in and s-vid coming out; I guess that's ok, though. I wish I had room for Heresy's for surrounds, but don't. Maybe rs3-II's? Watkins--- I haven't had much time to mess with the 3802, but am glad to hear that you can adjust the sound levels of the different speakers individually, because I agree, the center sounds too loud compared to the fronts. Anyone reading this can tell the 3802 has capabilities beyond my knowledge of how to use them, or even what some of them are. I'll keep at it though. Thanks.