Khorn problems ?

davis419b

It will be much cheaper than buying 4 2000HP nitrous burning engines synched to your receiver.....or cheaper than having to buy new components every time you burn them out. On a more serious note, you might also look at some of the DBB designs others have created on the forum for that big bass puch.

It looks like the guys have ferreted out your problem, now it's your turn to solve it. I don't think anybody has mentioned it but you NEED a big amp and I don't mean a big receiver. You need at least 200wpc, and I'd recommend more like 400wpc. The big amp will give you the bass you crave even at low volumes. Have fun shopping.

Thanx, Russ

Just to follow up.

Looking at a bass driver in a sealed box -- the K-Horn is like this. If you feed it a bass note at the system resonance, you can cause the bass driver to bottom out. The sound comes from the diaphragm mechanism hitting the magnet structure. It makes unusual sounds which you think could not come from a woofer.

This is possible with levels of power well below the rated power of the driver.

Wm McD

I have now hooked a Sansui 9090db up in the place of the 8080db and with everything set the same at 30% volume it does not pop. I am being told by my tech that maybe the Klipsch speakers do not like the 8080db and to try a different speaker. I have a hard time believing the Klipsch speakers dont like that particular receiver.