klipschorns.

klipschnutsky

Good afternoon fellow klipsch fans, an idea just hit me in the head(ouch) ,i was thinking of replacing my k33 woffer with a jbl le15b woffer from a l200 , and use the low pass from the jbl crossover .and use th aa for horn mid and tweeters.anyon have any ideas.and by the way i replaced my sonicaps 13 uf for solen, first of all sonicaps ,to my suprise measured 12.1 uf and 12.9 uf. what about their 5% tolerance ,solen fast caps measured 13.1 and 13.0 .much better on thelower end.

wot do u wana achieve ?

wot jbl does is give better bass than most klipsch do

its not about the amplitude

its about the bass nature from jbls that somehow sound pleasing and visceral

bass from klipsches is dry :((( imho

anyways wots the sensitivity of ur jbl l200 woofers

wud they match up the khorns

Just being curious....but exactly what problem are you trying to fix by swapping out the woofer?

I was always under the impression that the K33/43 were the best woofers for this kind of application. (I do not pretend to know about other woofers to say if they would work well or not)

Be careful what you ask for.

Just because a particular driver is "better" is certain respects, such as maybe higher power handling, or higher output capability, doesn't necessarily translate into better performance when put into practice, especially when that component is being placed into service in combination with something it wasn't designed for. At one time I thought installing JBL D-140F bass drivers would improve Khorn performance, but I was wrong. Even though D-140 are fantastic bass drivers for things like bass guitar and organ, they weren't designed for an application like a Khorn. Can you use them? Sure. Is there anything to gained? Well, maybe power handling capacity. Do you really need that? Probably not. And you may actually end up with a decrease in overall performance.