Dynaco ST-70 Clone

cfelliot

I run a ST-70 & PAS-3 with Forte IIs & couldn't be happier. Actually, right now I've got the Fortes running on the Marantz combo shown in my avatar because the Dynaco gear is getting a tune-up but I can't wait 'till the Dynaco separates are back. There's a ton of synergy between them & the Fortes, that's for sure. From the posts here on the Klipsch Forum, I imagine that's the case with both original Dynaco & the clones.

IMO, you can't beat Dynaco & Klipsch Heritage. (Well, you can but it will probably cost you a whole lot more!)

Frank W.

I have run my LaScalas with a set of Mark IIIs with a beefed up power supply, Gold Lion KT88s (re-issues), PAS 3X and FM3, sometimes a stock Dynaco 70 in near mint condition both physically and electrically, with a different PAS 3X and FM3, yep two set ups, and also with a Dynaco SCA-35 (yes I like Dynaco). Klipsch speakers and tube gear are made for each other. In another room I have a Heathkit system. It is: a set of W5 amps/a set of W4s, seperate Preamps, and a set of Heathkit XO-1 tube crossover set at 1200hz driving a pair of Altec Valencias. I will migrate the heathkits to the LaScalas and biamp them sometime when I can get the WAF to go with all the exposed gear in "her" living room.

I am currently using a Carver C-11 pre. I am looking for a good tube preamp that I can afford. But all in all I love the amp and my conwalls together. I'm using Ruby KT88s for power and Mullard 4024s in the pre portion of the ST120, also I have a Ruby rectifier.

I'm currently running a ST-70 (point to point mod by Craig) and a JM-Blueberry Pre with my Belles. I think it's a very good match.

I've also ran the ST-70 with a JM-Peach Pre with my K-Horns. Also a good match but I'm now running the K-Horns with a Scott 299c.

I would say go for it!!!!! You may have to experiment with different Pre's just in case you don't get the WOW factor you are looking/hoping for.

Thanks

JJ