Help choosing new home theater - already klipsch junkie, maybe try something else?

wsu99999

Bose? Come on man, don't insult me :) Just because I'm looking outside of the Klipsch family doesn't make me a bad person :) Come on guys- I've owned at one time or another about 70% of the Klipsch product line excluding the low end synergy line, icon, and the new P's I've heard and owned just about all of it. I've had an all Heresy theater before and it was great, but I want to try something else.

I thought since most of us here are audiophiles that there would be more opinions outside the Klipsch product line for what I'm looking for. And seeing as I've been a somewhat active forum member, I thought I'd have more people suggesting stuff. I guess I may need to test the waters at avs or something to see what those guys say. I will keep you posted as to what I go with - thanks for trying to help!

sorry i can't give an opinion on other brands, this is the Klipsch forum though, just saying.....lol

if you are considering staying with us.....lol.....i'd say a set of RB-61's is real nice. i did a simple set up with just 2 of them, and they sounded really good. i wouldn't trade in my 7's on them, but for size, money, look, they sounded great. get yourself an eD a2-300 and you'll be set.

anyways, good luck

After having own much of Klipsch Heritage speakers, I never look into any other speaker brand and I never think twice about buying another Klipsch Heritage.

I thought since most of us here are audiophiles that there would be more opinions outside the Klipsch product line for what I'm looking for. And seeing as I've been a somewhat active forum member, I thought I'd have more people suggesting stuff. I guess I may need to test the waters at avs or something to see what those guys say. I will keep you posted as to what I go with - thanks for trying to help!

Well, I ended up going with an entire set of JM Labs/Focal speakers. I got the 716s Floorstanders, the CC700s Center and the SW 700S subwoofer and am using some small polk audio satellites as rear surrounds.

Wow - these speakers are completely amazing. Extremely refined, they just give me the warm and fuzzies all over. I haven't been this excited about new speakers since I picked up my LaScalas a number of years ago.

In a way, they remind me of the Lascalas. They have an amazing top end, but where the lascalas lack in the bass region, these things sound beautifully.

I am also amazed at the sub and center. The sub only has a 300 watt amp, but it sounds great and is extremely musical. The center is very clean and portrays voices exactly as they should sound.

I'm very happy with my purchase. If you guys haven't heard these yet, I suggest you take a demo. I was always impressed with the JM Labs Utopia Be speakers, and while these are no where near their performance, they have the same characteristics that make the Utopias sing!

Ha! That's funny :) I will take some pics and get them out after the weekend. They look really nice though. There a bit larger than I wanted, but they are the smallest floor standing speakers they make.

They really sound beautiful. Exactly what I was looking for - I'm sure they will grow on me even more, I only listened to them for about 3 hours last night, so I don't have placement setup exactly the way I want it and I didn't even change any settings in my receiver, so they will get better for sure.

Seriously, at low or loud volumes, they portray every little detail in the soundtrack. Honestly, the upper end isn't as powerful as the LaScalas, but they are way more refined and just seem to be better (although not nearly as loud or powerful, but cleaner - I can't really describe it - I'm not a pro reviewer :) )

If your ever looking for a small setup, these really work well for me so far - I give them 2 thumbs up.