Cables really do do make a difference, but I'm still using what I have.

Here is one of the best articles that I have read regarding the difference in speaker cables. I could not extract the pages from the pdf, so use this link and go to page 39 of 56 in the pdf (labeled page 51 of the magazine).

http://www.theaudiocritic.com/back_issues/The_Audio_Critic_16_r.pdf

I realize that the lengths are quite long (30 feet) but still good information. The author is an interesting old codger who, as most people his age, is sick of hearing other that his opinion. He feels that all amps, preamps and CD players sound the same. I'm not sure about that, but this article is the best that I have seen regarding cables.

The result is not to buy magic wire, just good quality heavy guage wire.

After actually hearing a noticable difference with a few cables, one that could be picked out in a blind test, and not hearing a difference at all with many others, I never went the cable route as it seemed too much like a very expensive shot in the dark. This article seems to support my experience. I use Mogami Quad mic wire for interconnects and Kimber 4pr that I have had since 1983 for my speakers, just because I have it. Otherwise I would use Mogami 12 ga speaker wire that can be bought in bulk for $2.25 per foot. I have compared the Kimber to the Mogami and never heard a difference.

I also bi-wire. I do not hear a difference at all, but my amps and speakers have the outputs and inputs, I had the wire, and bananna plugs are so easy to use. I also do not have any jumpers lying around. If I did I might just use single wires. I used jumpers made from an alternator wire from a 69 Camaro (I had a hacked up wiring harness in my garage) for my B&W N801's and never heard a difference when switching to Bi-wiring.

Very good reading-Thanks for posting. I got a set of Nordost blue heaven speaker cables headed for the trash at an estate liqiudation free because nobody knew anything about them or what they were- Me included. I never would have bought them on my own. On my 2 channel rig I can definitely hear a difference over the Bluejean 12 ga. I switched from monster to Nordost BH on the amp/preamp interconnects- a little more difference. I plan to buy some more for my CD players. Here we are only talking about a few feet of length.

For my HT setup I plan to replace everything with the Belden equal to what blue jean is using in 12 ga. You can buy a 1000 ft roll for a few hundred bucks and split it with a buddy and come out cheap and IMHO have the best bang for the buck. A friend spent over 1000.00 just on speaker wire for his 7.1 HT setup. An installer knocked a home run on that little transaction. I really hear no improvement over std Blue Jean 12 ga.

Since I have bee here- I have seen more arguments over wire/cables that any other subject

It all boils down to personal preference- If you THINK it sounds better- maybe it is worth buying???????????