The bass of FORTE II (again)

xyz65

Thanks to all.
I will try the placement in the corner. Never try because I thought the Forte' was not engineered to work like the k-horns.
Also because of the passive radiator the theory says that they should be quite far from the rear wall. Anyway I tried the placement near the rear wall and far from it without any great result.

I'm about a foot of the rear wall speakers are 9ft apart on an 18ft wall I sit about 12ft away from each speaker, I have tremendous low end with great system warmth and need no sub or EQ even at low volume levels.

I atribute much of the warmth and low end response to the North Creek Inductors.

And again IMO, simply put, wimpy or Iron core inductors equal wimpy sound.

sd530025vq8.jpg

SET12

Something sounds broke because Forte' II's have fine bass. I recently recovered a pair of Forte II's that I was the original owner of. When I got them back, I plugged 'em in and they sounded bad. Bass was lacking and they sounded harsh. I ordered new diaphrams and crossovers from Crites and started experimenting. (I was not sure what was wrong and I have slightly less patience than money) I took them apart and put them back together so many times I lost count. After I replaced the crossover caps, the bass reappeared. I'm still not sure how this works mathematically.

P.S. I did not favor the titanium tweeter diaphrams, so those are sitting on the shelf. I did use the Crites mid range diaphrams. They sound nearly identical to the stck midrange diaphrams, but I think one of my original was damaged, 'cause it sounded harsher than the other three.