rc3II, large or small?

ellisfsu

Seb- I have two subs..My first sub is a Jamo 10 inch powered sub that i have to admit sounds pretty darn good for H/T but lacks when it comes to music. I am on the verge of ordering an SVS 25-31 pci to replace it. I also have an 8" powered sub (yamaha) that i recently started running in conjunction with my center channel sc-1. (untill i replaced it with the rc3II)I am still not sure if i liked the sound i was getting when employing the sub/center union, so i have decided to run the rc3 for a bit without the sub. have a great damn day-ellis

el, actually w/ the 3802 u'll probably find it sounds best overall for all formats w/ all your speaks set to small, sub:yes. just make sure u dial down the 3802 crossover the lowest it will go, which i think is 80hz.

& the overall sound will probably be much better if/when u get the svs (use same settings as above). Wink.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 03-20-2002 at 05:37 PM

With Boa, Seb & Soundog on the same side, that makes it a LARGE order of "SMALL"... and an SVS on the side to my way of thinking. cwm15.gif -HornEd

------------------

HORNED'S EIGHT THEATRICAL LEGENDS, FIVE+ MUSICAL HERITAGES & A ROADIE...

SETTING THE STAGE FOR THE "THEATER OF THE MIND"...

KLF-30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

KLF-30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, glove-leather LazyBoy Recliners. Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808 Upscale Monster Cables and Interconnects

CHANNELING THE MUSIC EXPERIENCE FROM 2 TO 6!

'97 Klipschorn - Mains, '99 Klipsch Belle - Center, '83 Cornwall - Surrounds, '93 Academy - Rear Effects

Walnut w/ Cane Grilles. Final Amps, etc. to be determined after long discussions with Klipsch Forum Members.

THE MOVEABLE (EAR) FEAST...

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome... an acoustics challenge in 8' x 30'... and, now, "On the Road Again!"

s>

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-20-2002 at 06:41 PM

Easy one

Both the SC-1 and RC-3II should be set to "small",the RC-3II does not like low bass,its a sealed design and its twin 5.25" mid-bass drivers give their best when cut at 80Hz.

If you had a RC-7 then I would say "large" setting may be ideal.As the RC-7 is a ported design and uses the same mid bass drivers as the RF-5 & RF-3.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

If you employed a good sub(not that yamaha)for center use and hi passed to the center,as we spoke recently of, you would in effect be running the center small.Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Keith

thanks for all the input.....just so you know, i played around with the set-up enough to determine that yall are right on the mark. It sounded best without the yamaha sub and with the denon set to cross things over at 80hz. Anybody got an svs they want to sell me? i'll trade you my kicking yamaha!Have a good one fellas--ellis

ellis, if you're not using a sub then of course u set sub:no & it doesn't matter where you set your denon's crossover. only when you set sub:yes does the denon crossover get used.

when u set sub:yes & use the denon cross at 80hz sounds like you need a much more capable sub. get that svs on it's way 2U. Wink.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Boa-- i was referring to the additional sub that i was using for the center channel....it seemed to muddy up the vocals. i am still running my main H/T sub (the musically challenged Jamo) all the time so i still have the denon configured for sub use. The junk yamaha i was using was just to see if an additional sub would improve the sound of my original center, the sc-1. anyway, thanks again for all the advice and keep these boards rollin' so i can continue to feed my addiction-ellis