MULTIPLE CHOICE QUIZ GAME / for fun

montigue

glad you liked it Seb. I have fun reading and putting it together. I'ts a good way to learn some things that you did'nt know. Well except for you Seb you seem to know them all, LOL. I'll do another one...maybe more challenging, or maybe easier...

arfz28 3 wrong is good. I think some of the question's were somewhat difficult for the average enthusiast.

------------------

Klipsch 5.2 mains

Klipsch 4.2 rears

Klipsch KLF C-7 center

Mitsubishi 55" HD widescreen tv

Toshiba pro scan DVD audio player

Sony Hi-Fi VCR player

Harman Kardon AVR 65 receiver

SVS 20/39 subwoofer w/Samsom S1000 amp

The cable and room questions were kind of obvious when I think about them.After all why do I use thick speaker cables ? DOH

I still dont agree with your "correct" answer to question number 4.Look at ANY amplifier and you will see THD rises as load is greater(drops).Even the very best monster amps have higher distortion when loads gets tough.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

montigue,

i missed four? obviously, there has been a grave injustice perpetrated upon me. let's see if we can clear this up a bit...

#1 you say infinite baffle designs are the least efficient. i hold that many acoustic suspension designs have sensitiviy figures in the low to mid 80db range. I don't know of any i.b designs rated that low.

#2 the wording is imprecise, and intended to cause anxiety and frustration in the test taker. therefor, said question should be discounted. the terms series and parallel should have been used, instead.

#3 you say 10k separation is the most important fm spec. i say 50db quieting sens. purely a matter of opinion and circumstance. iow, it depends.

#8 since when is a square room good for audio?...totally bogus answer! who is your source here, dr seuss? every room dimension (h,w,l) should not only be different, but should not be mathematically related. go get f. alton everests' "the master handbook of acoustics".

...there, i guess i told you! now, please give me the perfect score i so richly deserve...or ELSE!!!

...and have a nice day.

deleriously seriously,

jd "know-it-all" mcCall

James, James, James

HOW DARE YOU SECOND GUESS PROFESSOR FISHEAD'S ANSWERS!!

I didnt study at the school of radio shack for a whole week to have people like you disagree with me!!! how dare you!

I could get in depth with you all on these paticular disagreements, but I will conserve my energy for the next test....keep in mind all the answers are offically CORRECT!!! ( at least I hope they are LOL!)

------------------

Klipsch 5.2 mains

Klipsch 4.2 rears

Klipsch KLF C-7 center

Mitsubishi 55" HD widescreen tv

Toshiba pro scan DVD audio player

Sony Hi-Fi VCR player

Harman Kardon AVR 65 receiver

SVS 20/39 subwoofer w/Samsom S1000 amp

This message has been edited by montigue on 03-23-2002 at 03:17 AM