Bi-amping the center channel.

Dr. Jim Mixon

I'm going to be using a biamped LaScala in my setup. I'll be yanking out the K401/77 and replacing both of those, with the single K510. This is, unless I get the wife on board and if that happens, then I'll set the larger K402 on top of the LaScala bin.

I've already got the amps and the active to plug & play. Though I've not put this together, I expect it to be seamless.

What center are you currently using.... what "problem" are you trying to fix by biamping? What is the more authority you seek? (I wonder if perhaps a different center channel might be your answer?)

Above, I am referring to actual biamping and not the 'fools' biamping or biwiring or anything like that.

Tell us more about where you are, what you have and where you want to be. Or...hit the EASY button and buy 6 Jubilees, putting one of them in your center location! [Y] [;)]

Ohhhhhhhh, I looked at your bio and saw this:

Klipshorn x 2 walnut for fronts
Klipsch RC-64 cherry center

I'll admit I'm not too knowledgable on the RC-64 but I'd speculate that is where your troubles are. Is there ANY way you can simply yank the RC out and put a LaScala in there?

Again, remember... I'm not familar with the RC-64 so don't let what I'm going to say next, get anyone riled up!

I used to have an Academy between my two LaScalas. Plain & simple, it was a big mistake. Did NOT have the OOMPH to keep up with the LaScalas and I was NEVER happy with it. Given you have this between two Khorns, I'd speculate you have the same mismatch issue.

Guest davidness

I am bi-amping my RC-7 using 2 of the channels from my Emotiva XPA-5. Do I hear a difference? I do not think that I do, but since I have the amp channels available, I decided to use it. It's either that, or bi-amp my RF-7's, using my tube amp for the HF and the XPA for the LF channels...

That's a thought.