System hook up

kg4guy

I got a cheap Behringer CX 2010 crossover that has sub out it will be here tomorrow also just picked up a single La scala and a Altec Vott 816 bass bin that I will also use on one of my systems I was thinking of putting the La scala on top of that binn as a center and see how it sounds.Thanks again for the info the KP 250's read 5.4 each

That's 2.7 parallel but remember you're reading the static ohms. It probably reaches that only at a select frequency and is higher resistance at other frequencies. Plus you'll likely not be sending 150hz and below to that channel anyway thanks to the biamp unit. You should be fine but check for overheat on your first test run.

Need help with the crossover settings?

EDIT, per the attached spec sheet impedance is 4.4 ohms at 230 Hz and the 'suggested' xover point is 150 hz (that's what Klipsch sets the KP115 sub pass through at). So beware of heat, most Crown amps can work with 2 ohm load but others cannot. Per my read of the spec curve, 150 looks like a good starting place for crossover and I usually go as steep as the network allows. 12 or 24 db/octave are preferable. If you choose 18 db, experiment with the phase switch or reverse leads to sub to keep things in phase (for maximum bass).

KP-250.pdf

KP-250.pdf

Would recommend getting another amp as soon as practicable for both extra headroom, reliability, and so you can run stereo. Whether just for music playback, small ensebles, or larger groups, I find a benefit to running stereo. I have a few extra Crowns around here if you need something reliable and reasonably priced.

Got a bunch of banana-1/4" speaker cables and 1/4TRS to XLR here if you need something.

Michael

KG4guy, didn't get yer email, please resend with different title line.

I have a bunch of speakon 16 ga x 50ft, some speakon to 1/4" 50 ft, or can make up about anything you need. For my higher wattage system I need to stick to 12 ga cabling so all the 16 ga must go. It's either whirlwind, dayton (Parts Express) or similar wire.

Michael