need help

cleanupguy

hi everybody i'm new here and need help. i have the quintetIII speakers with a sw450 sub and a yamaha rxv665 receiver. i'm happy with the sound for movies but not so much for music. i want some speakers that i can crank up when i play led zep, the stones, hendrix etc. and have a clear crisp sound. being in my price range what is the difference between the rf-82 and the f-3? also what center speaker would go with them? do i need to use a sub with those speakers, if so will mine be alright? thanks for your advice- bill

The biggest difference between the 82s and the F3s is probabaly going to be the the horn driver. the 82's use a titanium dome compression driver versus the F3's aluminum driver. The titanium is that to be a smoother less colored material due to it's hardness. The aluminum is thin sounding and tinny, sounds IMO artificial.

If your in the market to purchase either set of the speakers you may also look for at the RF 5s, which you can purchase directly from klipsch or look at the used market. The RF 5's are a great speaker.

The RC 62 goes with the RF 82s, the C2 or C3 goes with the F3's ,The RF 5's need the RC 7 but a RC 3 (II) or RC 35 or 62 would suffice.

The SW 450 would be sufficient.