Turntable Hum

shake777

Check your audio cable connections between turntable and amp/receiver. I had a bad RCA connector on a recently purchased TT. Replaced those and TT became quiet. When hum is present try wiggling the wires around. That might give you a clue as to the problem.

Hi,

Yeah, I should send in a picture to "my home theater" of the Beogram 1700; it works pretty much perfectly now and I paid small for it on ebay. The only thing is when I took the cover off to clean it and I didn't realize it was spring loaded and need I say more? Ping, ping, ping, richottte Rabbit...stuff flying every where.

So...I found every thing except one fixture to hold the cover to the pliff. I also have three, what appear to be, spacers. I put a screw and washer where it used to be and still have the three liitle, I'll call them corner spacers, sitting around. I even bought the schematics and it doesn't seem to show the part I need.

Thanks, Nic

JL, Please excuse dust and extraneous wires. See nut in center of clean (notice all business ends are clean) dustcover and corner spacers in front loose. I know this probably should go in Lets See Your Home Theater but did it anyway. TY Nic

post-32935-13819555595782_thumb.jpg

post-32935-13819582467548_thumb.jpg

JL, I love it. A B&O afficianado told me it was one ot the best simple tables they ever produced. All I do is hit 33 and the rest is done. It also has Pause, Turn, and 45. I think I recently paid less than $100 for it and the one he had was like $300 mint with the original box. It took me a while to get the cover clean so with all that and below, I have to keep it on.

It has one of their best cartridges.

Unfortunately we live in NYC with a dust problem in our place because of poor ventilation with our clothes dryer I suppose. It lays down heavy dust and you are reminding me that it needs work. Thanks Again, Nic

• 2 weeks later...

In response to yourinitial post, if the turntable is properly grounded then try checking the headshell connections and even the clips that go to the cartridge itself. Just give then a little wipe with the eraser on the end of a pencil and the cartridge leads just give then a little wiggle. There may be a ground connection to your headshell too, make sure it is clean.