Impendance measurements for herritage speakers?

Roberth

Hello, does any have graphs illustrating the impendance measurements on Klipschorn and Cornwall III?

Hey Robert, Welcome and we're glad your here.

Did you do a search? I know this question has been asked before. Do a search and see if you can find the answer. If not, I'm sure someone will have an answer for you soon.

Again, nice to have you here.

Dennie

A far as I recollect, the only impedance curve I have seen is for the Klipsch Jubilee bass bin. That is shown in the JAES article by Delgado & Klipsch, 2000.

Are you interested in the impedance curve for a front loaded bass horn, or for a vented box, or what?

Roberth,

Welcome to the forum.

I do share your frustration in that search engines do not yield up the information easily.

I am not aware of any publication of the CW III input impedance. However, there is an article on the CW II which is here http://sites.google.com/site/mitjaborko/audiopage3

There is an article in Audio Magazine on the K-Horn. Maybe someone can point you to that.

Wm McD

Wow great, but there is a issue, the cornwall II is very different when it comes to the horn and elements in contrary to the cornwall III. The Cornwall III basically features Klipschorns woofer and Heresy III's horns. So I don't think that measurements would give me any reliable hint of what I should exepect from the Cornwall III.

I would really like to see the review of the K-Horn in Audio Magazine.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the help help William.

Dear Roberth,

I quite agree with your comments in general. There may be inconsistencies when you look at the CW II versus CW III. How much they are inconsistent, we can't know -- because we only have the CW II.

It is pretty much well known that the CW III uses the Heresy 700 horn because the 600 horn casting were misplaced. I'll let you look at the woofer specs (K-33) for the units but they may be the same. The mid and tweeter drivers you can look at the numbers but that doesn't tell you much.

The article on the K-Horn can be found here http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/94684/959304.aspx#959304 Heyser used a polar type of graph in the more detailed impedance measurements. Of course that is specific to the crossovers and drivers in the units which Heyser tested.

I keep an eye out for such information. To my knowledge the above is the only published information pertaining to the CW and K-Horn impedance. If there is anything else out there I missed, I'd be surprized.

BTW, I do find the CWII review to be helpful in that it apparently reflects the tweeking of the crossover from the standard CW. Note the measured inputs to the drivers which address issues in the acoustic response.

Best

Wm McD.