Need help with Cornwalls

fidget

I'm not familair with the "shelf" you are describing. I've never seen anything like this. I guess you mean a baffle between the woofer and the bass ports? I've seen a CW with a shelf. Then again. I've never owned a pair. I've just seen a lot of pictures.

I'm a bit puzzled by the question and several of the responses.

While I don't own CW or taken one apart, let me point to the attached pdf from another thread.

All except the very early CWs have what is sometimes called a ducted port at the bottom (as shown). As you can see there is a rectangular opening at the front of the bottom with three or four divisions. These could be called "ports."

But there is duct in the bottom of the box which is formed by a shelf. It defines a mass of air and is open to the front ports at one end, and the interior of the box on the other.

The very early ones had a more complicated structure at the back of the box.

Wm McD

Cornwall_Plans.pdf

Cornwall_Plans.pdf

Yes that was my concern I saw the same pdf the CWS I have the back comes off and when i did not see this I wondered if someone had tamperd with them.

There is no Tag on the back of the Cab I only received the a couple of weeks ago

Gee, that is really remarkable. A picture would be interesting to see.

Some fellow with a crowbar and a chisel must have been up to no-good.

As you can see from the drawing there should be a piece about 2 x 10 inches at either side to support the shelf. Are they missing too? Any scars?

The CW is a great performer. The bad news is that they will be missing a lot of deep bass without the duct. The good news is that it should not be difficult for you to make up these pieces and install them

Wm McD