Anybody else out there with RF7/RC7 with DeanG upgrade and UMC-1? I'm trying to setup the EQ.

maseline_98

I'm trying to get a good starting point to configure the 11-band EQ on the UMC-1 for my setup. Obviously EMO-Q is pretty cr@p and I was thinking I would post on here to see if somebody else would list their EQ setting for me to get a nice 'starting point' to configure my to ear...

Each room that speakers are in will make them sound totally different. One person's settings in their room probably won't be perfect for you. What don't you like about the EMO-Q?

Well.....it's 'buggy', Emotiva is 'supposed to be' release a new firmware update that will fix some of the issues that it has, but they haven't released it yet.It seemed to set my top 3 bands really high and with the horn, it accentuated it the highs even more. I ended up tuning them down into the negative range...

I just read a post on the Emotiva forum of a member that just set up his UMC and eq,he was very happy with results.He (Mike)said it set his settings pretty close and he loved the sound.I have 7's(not dg)and the UMC is the only unit I ever had that made em' sound perfect.The highs are smooth and the bass is thunderous and tight.There are members here that have heard my set up with the UMC that would confirm it sounds exceptional with 7's.

Maybe when the firmware is released that will help you out,good luck.