CD player recommendation for heritage system?

ilsinc

VPI Scout!! I've had a Thorens 165 and still own a Garrard 301 and the VPI kills them both!!

Garten, I would love to here my choice side by side with your Scout as I was considering the Scout Master but ended up with what I'm extremely pleased with hereWink

Considering your TT cost over double my Scout I would hope that it sounds better...My friend sells VPI's hears the Scout and Scout Master everyday... could afford to own either one and he owns a Scout...

Well I never said this table sounded better just that I prefered the design of Firebaugh's GTA to the Scout Master, Luckily for me I got the GTA w/Dyna 20x LMOC for $3400.00 out the door and I'm satisfied. I'm sure I may have been happy with the Master as well[:D]

Sorry if I came across wrong! I was gonna get a Dyna 20x, how do you like it? Have you ever heard a Clearaudio Maestro? I got my Scout with the Maestro for $2500. The Scout Master per my friend is not worth the extra money and doesn't sound any better. Best wishes with your new TT! I love your suspension system, bet it works great!!

Can anybody recommend a CD player that might go well (that is the "look") with this system?

Also maybe a vintage turntable?

Lots of great suggestions so far!

Not sure if I missed your "budget", but I consider mine to be "entry-level". ;-)

I picked up a TD-160 from a fellow forum member & put a Goldring Elektra cartgidge in it.

Later I found a minty Rega Planet (original, not 2000) CDP at a reasonable cost and got it.

Both of these sound GREAT through my ST-70/PAT-3/Forte II system.They both have that "vintage, cool" mojo going for them, too!

What else do you need? :-)

Take care,

Frank W.