Would Klipsch RCW-5 loudspeakers work with my home theater setup?

VirginiaRay

I currently have the beginnings of a home theater. I have a Sony Cineza (VPL-HS51) projector, a Goo systems painted on screen, and a Harman Kardon AVR-154 5.1 receiver. The receiver generates 30 watts per channel in surround sound mode and 40 watts per channel with only 2 channels. The speaker specs list the speakers as being able to handle 50 watts continuous (200 peak).

If the speakers work with the receiver, the next question is; since Klipsch doesn't make the RCW-5 speakers anymore, what is a cmpatible center channel speaker and subwoofer?

yep, they should work fine. Do you already have the RCW-5's? If not,Klipsch has newer model in-walls that may be easier to find on craigslist or ebay. Either way, if you're dead set on in-walls, i would just get three of the same speaker and use them across your front stage ..subwoofer is a personal preference thing, and will definitely be helpful to fill in the lower frequencies that the in-walls can't touch.

I would look at an elemental designs sub ...good performance to cost ratio, and a fan favorite for klipsch speakers.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php?cPath=2_41

welcome to the forum! - Michael