placing kg4 in small bedroom

robfilms

i have a smallish back bedroom (14' x 18') and was thinking of putting a pair of klipsch kg4s in there. unfortunately, the ONLY spots are against opposite walls almost facing each other. not optimal positioning by a long shot but wondered if anyone w/an opinion could suggest if that close to the walls would cause the kg4s to be boomy?

these would be "B" speakers off the living room's mcintosh 1900 receiver and utilizing cal icon w/boss upgrade cdp.

thoughts?

alternative would be to go smaller, something like dana model 1s (does anyone remember these?-always advertised in sensible sound-really sweet sounding) on stands.

as always, thanks in advance.

be well

rob

ps-the kg4s are not mine...yet. they are a neighbor's, are mint and could be had for $250. so maybe the question really is...should i buy the kg4s for $250 AND will they sound decent in a small bedroom close to opposite walls?

again, tia.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go with KG2s, those are really nice speakers, actually have more bass than the kg4s!

The thing about direct opposite placement is on bass they will drown each other out!

If i set up all 4 cornwalls, one set across from each other, the bass is half, and these are big speakers!

I got more bass with one pair, so now their on one wall!

You can shelf the kg2s, and they have the same driver as the kg4s, just one number up!

KG-4 K-8-K woofer

KG-2 K-9-K woofer

their the same white woofer!

Regards Jim

PS i didnt realize they were 250.00, at that price if you dont buy them give me the guys name and address and ill buy them!

Jump on that, and work them in your room!

This message has been edited by Jim Cornell on 03-23-2002 at 11:36 AM

OK. Bedrooms. I have looked at every <$300,000 modle home in Reno, and the bedrooms are PATHETIC!!! I saw, in a quarter-million dollar, 2,500 sq. ft. house, the master bedroom was 11' X 12' and the kids bedrroms were 9'6" X 9'6"!!! What is the faggie architect trying to prove! I love architecture, hence my stolen CAD software Smile.gif.

I read some books called "The Not so Small House" which is written by a female architect from Minnesota. The WHOLE point of the book is trade sq. ft. for cozy, personalized (yes, a HT is you want) and better space. Even trying to design a "smaller, better house" she still makes HUGE master bedrooms and the kids rooms are at least 12' X 14'. Most modern tract architects think and furnish rooms with a BED AND A DRESSER. Nothing more. How about a computer, stereo, chair, ect.

I have finally found MY house, it was designed by a architect who didn't have his head up his...

14' X 18' is a great size for a system. I think, with PERFECT preportions, it "should" be 14' X 20'. Doesn't the Golden Rectangle (.6 X 1 X 1.6, for W X L X H) make the ideal, practicle listening room?

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!