Very Slow Response From Customer Service...Has Anyone Else Had a Similar Experience lately?

tidmack

Fellas,

I know this is probably better placed in the General section, but since I do most of my reading in Two Channel, I thought I'd check here first because I’m familiar with the posters here. I'll save all the details, but I'm mostly curious if my situation is an anomaly, or if others have had a similar experience lately.

I sent my 3rd pair (that’s another story) of Custom 3 headphones back to Klipsch on April 8th for replacement due to driver failure/cord wear. Beginning last week, May3rd, I left three polite messages to the Customer Service rep who handled my case. I left messages Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, simply asking the status of RA# XXXXX and if I could get a call with an update. An email to the representative was also sent mid-week, in case voice mails weren’t received. No response...

This morning, I called Customer Service again to check the status of my return. Luckily, I received the rep who is handling my return, who mentioned they were in the office last week, but hadn't received any of my messages or email. During the call, I was initially told that my headphones weren’t received. After some additional checking, I was told my headphones were in fact received, but nothing was done with my return...they were "sitting" in Indy. The representative said they would finish the return process today and my headphones would be sent this afternoon. I’m a pretty happy go lucky guy, so like most of you, I would just be happy to have new headphones on the way and wonder why this guy was being a whiner…even though it’s my 4th pair in just under a year.

Here’s the kicker, though: this identical situation happened the 1st AND 2nd time I sent my headphones back too. Each time, I had to initiate a phone call to customer service to have my return finished and replacements sent.

I want to stress that I’m not posting this to bash Klipsch, but to see if this is a trend, or if my luck has been bad. My dealings with the company in years past for drivers, grill cloth, and general product questions have been absolutely outstanding. But I’m worried that something’s gone awry…

Jeff

I sent back a defective pair of Custom 3's last week as well, and they received them on Thursday. I have been talking to Amy, however, and she said they closed the RA on the 6th, and she would be having the warehouse ship the replacement pair asap. Will let you know when that happens.

Mike