KG3 and KG3.2

irwin

Bump since I am looking at purchasing one of these models. I would assume that some simple equalizing is all that is needed to boost the lacking midrange, but it would be nice to know what frequencies are lacking so you don't have to do your own testing (I don't have test equipment)

Do you have any way of listening to them before you buy them?

Since the drivers are the same, the lacking midrange (if that is the case) I blame on the crossover. When I buy a pair (either are fine for me) the caps are gone, and I will replace them with dayton or sonicaps. I will have no trouble getting better mids that way.

Do you have any way of listening to them before you buy them?

Since the drivers are the same, the lacking midrange (if that is the case) I blame on the crossover. When I buy a pair (either are fine for me) the caps are gone, and I will replace them with dayton or sonicaps. I will have no trouble getting better mids that way.

Once I can afford new crossovers I will probably do that upgrade, but till then some simple eq management will do fine in my case.

Once I can afford new crossovers I will probably do that upgrade, but till then some simple eq management will do fine in my case.

Eq's tend to induce smear themselves. At the end of the day, it's extra junk in the signal path. On top of that, you'd be amplifying a midrange that isn't stellar to begin with. But, have fun anyway.

I started this thread to get opinions on the sound quality of these speakers,specifically the mids.Recently I sold my Forte 2's.They were probably the best speakers that I have owned.They had to go because they were too large physically and overpowered my 12 x 16 room.I'm looking to get the KG3's or 3.2's, hoping that they would be a better fit.I know that there are always compromises,and I'm not looking to compare the KG's to the Forte's.

I started this thread to get opinions on the sound quality of these speakers,specifically the mids.Recently I sold my Forte 2's.They were probably the best speakers that I have owned.They had to go because they were too large physically and overpowered my 12 x 16 room.I'm looking to get the KG3's or 3.2's, hoping that they would be a better fit.I know that there are always compromises,and I'm not looking to compare the KG's to the Forte's.

I have a pair of KG 3s that I like just fine. Stick them with a good amp and they are little screamers!