sub12

pharoah

i must say im fairly disappointed with the sub 12.it sounded good for the couple of days that it worked.i just purchased it at hhgregg friday,and it has quit by sunday.the light comes on you can power it down then back on it will lightly thump.so it obviously has power it just doesnt output anything.i know its the sub i pulled the cable from it,and hooked it to my other powered sub.my alternate powered sub a boston acoustics thats roughly 5 years old works flawlessly.

would you rma it or just return it to hhgregg.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry I know that this post is a few days old, but it sounds like you might have had a dud, I had a sub12 for over a year and it was flawless, it did bottom out on occation, but that was because I was really pushing it hard. I hope you were able to replace it, and have good results.

~ross

that's what I wound up doing with my rockford fosgates, I looked the the JL subs W6's, but for the price I got a smokin deal on the 15's. I built custom boxes tuned to around 22hrz and found the amp on ebay for 500.00. So for about a 1100.00 I got subs that pound, movies or music.

Good luck on the project.

~ross

I originally bought a sub-10 from Hhgregg and after two days returned it for a sub-12. No problems, full credit toward the new sub-woofer.

As others have said; sorry you got a dud, but don't let that put you off on returning it to Hhgregg for a replacement. Let us know how it turns out.