vinyl cleaning results

I have been cleaning my 200 or so vinyl records. VPI 16-discdoctor fluid and brushes. sleeve city carbon fiber dry brush.

Lots of rock albums fron the 70s-80s. condition from ok to excellent. I whole hearttedly endorse rthese products. 85% improvement in some cases for the excellent cond stuff. 30 % for the OK cond examples. I think that 2 cleanings may be necessary. 60-70% of the viinyl pressing pop click junk is gone with the first application. The ones that I have cleaned twice lost amybe another 10-20 % of the pops and clicks between tracks. I followed the discdoctor instructions to the letter. Several people asked me to report back after using.

This equipment combo worked verry well. Make no mistake - This is a labor intensive PITA but you only have to do it once or twice. I highly reccomend a nice rubber covered dishrack for air drying. I bought a cheap POS and it had to be replaced. The discdoctor replacement stick on brush covers are the way to go.Ditto on the stylis cleaner brush and fluid.

I used a nitty gritty and home brew cleaning fluid. The difference in a real cleaning+ vacuuming is like lifting a towel from in front of the speakers. I cleaned up an old pressing of Al Hirt...and the clean LP sounded glorious compared to simply vacuuming---or not at all.

4tay- you are so right- like lifting a blanket from the speakers. If you are not listening to cleaned records- you are not hearing the sound that you bought.

Dennie- I serious doubt the hose deal after seeing pics of your collection. I use my wood glue when the wife talks too much[8o|]

This process is very labor intensive but pretty much idiot proof if you follow instructions.