Want to Replace my older Yamaha HTR-5590 with a new Onkyo

Bilka316

I had written a previous post that went dead, so I think I will start a new one!!!

I am looking to replace my Yamaha receiver with a newer one. I am looking at the Onkyo TX-SR706.

Anyone have experiance with this receiver? Is Accessories4less a trustworthy seller? They have a referb for about $400, Is this worth buying? The power is equal to my Yamaha ( 100w/ ch.) but the other features sound much better. Any thoughts????? Thanks

If you're going to update/upgrade, you might as well take a significant step, instead of just getting the current equivalent of what you already have.

In what way is your current receiver lacking or not doing what you'd like it to do? If you want an improvement in sound that's obvious to you, you'll need to go up a few models, either in the Yamaha line or another brand. Any time you spend money on your system, you should be able to hear the improvements in sound, or why bother?

Bilka,

As you can see in my sig. I run an Integra 6.9 (same guts as the 706) and I really enjoy it. GREAT with movies, really good with music once you get it dialed in. It had everything I was looking for (HDMI, new HD codecs, pre-outs, ect.) when I got it in January. I ended up adding an external amp about a month ago and just have the 6.9 handling the processing, but the 6.9 had plenty of power to run my 82's and 64, I just wanted a little extra oomph with the Outlaw.

I think you would really like the sound of the 706, especially if you are really into movie watching, this is where the Onkyo/Integras really shine, IMHO.

Jrod

I personally have never dealt with A4less.com, but I've heard good things. They seem to be pretty well respected. Plus, they are an Onkyo authorized dealer, I think their refurbed units carry an Onkyo warrenty.