Speaker manager 24-192.....

robi

Hi guys,

I'm looking for multiamp my Cornscalas (see Cornscala III from Italy 3d... ;-) ).

I'd like to use a speakers manager that should have the followings features:

1)Several digital and analog inputs (selectable on the front panel)

2)24-192 D/A converters

3)Master volume control on the front panel.

What do you suggest??????

I don't know the "pro" brands .... :-o

All the units that I am familiar with use either 96 or 48 kHz sampling rates. There really isn't much point to sample @ 192 kHz when the purpose of the crossover is to send bandwidth-limited audio to the individual drivers in the speaker system. The delays and EQs in these units can also correct phase.

All the units that I am familiar with use either 96 or 48 kHz sampling rates. There really isn't much point to sample @ 192 kHz when the purpose of the crossover is to send bandwidth-limited audio to the individual drivers in the speaker system. The delays and EQs in these units can also correct phase.

Thank you Don!!!!

Could you suggest me any good speaker manager 96 kHz with automatic equalization (with microphone) for amplitude and phase??????

Roby.

Most of the well known models are 48Khz. I would not get hung up on the sampling rate. I would look at Ahsly Protea 3.6SP or 4.8SP, EV DC-1, Sabine Navigator, and DBX Driverack 260. These are a few I considered. I bought the Ashly Protea 4.8SP and have been VERY happy with it.

MOst of these are in the $1200.00 range. I think the EV DC-1 is less than $1,000.00 and is one of the newest on the market. There are of course a whole range of units above these that I mentioned that get into the $2,500.00 range and beyond. Most of those have the higher sampling and processing rates.

I believe the DBX 260 has auto EQ with a mic. Also, most all of these units are phase correct per channel and so that is not a concern. You should read the manuals before you buy.