HD 500 speaker terminal posts

I bought a new set of Klipsch HD Theater 500 speakers last week and it just came to my attention that the terminal posts on the four satellite speakers are not positioned the same way. Three of them have the red (+) post on the left and the black (-) post on the right. One of the speakers has the opposite way: black (-) post on the left and red (+) post on the right. Is this normal?

It is normal for the HD Theater 500 speakers since they are junk. I bought a set last December and I'm trying to return one of the satellite speakers for replacement, it is the 3rd speaker to fail in 6 months. It took weeks to receive the last one I returned because Klipsch was out of stock and waiting on the boat to arrive from China with a fresh load of these fine speakers.

I'm not used to poor quality components, the Pioneer HPM 100s that was my main speakers before the Klipsch fiasco are 36 years old, I bought them in 1974, and they still sound great. Add to this Klipsch has yet to answer a single email out of the dozen or so I've written them and I'm not at all a happy camper. I wish I could turn back the clock and buy the Bose system I almost pulled the trigger on, cost a little more, but you get what you pay for and Bose does support their products.

The Klipsch speakers are supposed to handle 100 watts, my Onkyo SR508 puts out 80 watts per channel and I've never had it to full volumn, kinda only leaves the poor quality of the speaker to blame, in my opinion.

The Klipsch speakers are supposed to handle 100 watts, my Onkyo SR508 puts out 80 watts per channel and I've never had it to full volumn, kinda only leaves the poor quality of the speaker to blame, in my opinion.

That's very lame operating procedure. I couldn't begin to put half the power to any of my Klipsch without killing my own hearing, forget about damaging the components.

Street price for a pair of HPM100s was about $500 a pair in 1974. Adjusted for inflation, you are over $2300. Buy some klipsch for that amount and make another comparison.

You would turn your Onkyo all the way up? That would kill the Bose, as well. Your amp will clip like crazy and sound like crap.

Sounds like your reading skills are a bit challenged, what part of "and I've never had it to full volume" don't you understand? The Pioneer HPM100s have spent days at full volume, same with my Bose Wave, they are proven. And I know for a fact if I could damage a Bose component as easily as the Klipsch, Bose would not be avoiding the issue like the jerks at Klipsch. The Klipsch speakers I bought are Chinese junk.