S4i cable meets jack - Klipsch you must redesign it

YUL

Wow, looks like I'm not alone then. When I first got my S4's, I was amazed at the sound quality, but utterly disappointed when the cable going into the right earbud came loose after only 3 months. Of course, I lost the receipt so I can't claim warranty.

After about 2 months, the stress reliefs going into the earbuds started splitting, and at month 3 they had split all the way down to the earpieces. Wasn't long till the sound cut out completely in one ear.

I've since bought much more expensive earphones, but the sound just isn't the same. I really want to buy another pair of S4's, but not if they're going to fail in 3 months.

IMO, the stress reliefs are poorly constructed. They aren't even molded to the cables. They need to be about twice as long and far more robust.

Please listen Klipsch!

• 3 weeks later...

Heh... I forgot I registered for this forum a while back, and recently I received a notification about activity in a thread I had subscribed to long ago.

At least you're not out $299 like I am for a set of Klipsch Custom 3s that had kinked cabling straight out of the package. I sent them back to Klipsch at my cost, and they sent me out a brand new pair with an even worse kink right by the jack. At this point I gave up. It was clear Klipsch simply doesn't have the quality control over their manufacturing/shipping.

It's a shame too, considering the Custom 3s were the best sounding IEMs I had ever heard. I put away a set of MB Quart QP240 cans after taking the Custom 3s for a test drive. As a geek and an audiophile, I really wish Klipsch was able to do more. I have a reasonable amount of disposable income, and I spend the money when I know what I like. The sound quality of their products is superb. I simply have zero faith in their quality assurance and build quality for me to drop any more money on their products.

Never a problem with my Custom 2.

In all fairness the strain reliefs have started to split on my Image x10 but have not progressed but I do need to send them in before the warranty expires.

Mutate. I wouldn't give up so easily. That said the Custom 3 never sold very well so probably aren't really available anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine failed at the headphone jack as well, luckily the AppleStore replaced them. The problem better be sorted now, whats the point in Hi-Fidelity headphones with a low-quality build, unless its built in obsolescence, after all, havent they had time to sort this by now?

Etymotic here I come.

Probably best thing to do is purchase a Square Trade warranty and put Klipsch's warranty on the backburner. At least when your phones die under Square Trade's warranty you'll probably get your money back and then be able to repurchase a brand new pair all over again and start from the beginning as compared to Klipsch, even if they do replace them once it's going to eventually die again and then by that time you'll eventually have to throw that 2nd pair out and lose out completely whereas if your covered by Square Trade you'll never lose that investment. You just start over again. [;)]