RECENTLY UPGRADED MY RECEIVER AND NEED ADVICE ON SETTINGS

FMI

I recently upgraded my reciever to the ONKYO TX-NR 807 (from a ONKYO TX-SR 606). I used audioquest Type 2 cables for my towers and center. and did a in wall install for my surround speakers using monoprice 14AWG all with gold tip monster conectors. I set up the settings using the Audyssey MultEQ Correction and Speaker Setup. After completing the set up I thought the sound quality was very brassy and shallow. It left my towers (Klipsch WF-35) at 40Hz, my Center (Klipsch WC-24) at 60Hz, and my surround speakers (Klipsch B-2) at 40Hz, and my Sub (Klipsch Sub 10) ? I have scowerd the internet seeking any turorials on how to set up, along with contacting ONKYO support fot and links. They replied that the have nothing to reference besides the manuel that came with the receiver. Can anyone shed some light on this matter and advise me on the how to set up my speakers to sound thier best? I am a novice that only wants tto enjoy my system at its peak level. Any and all feed back is greatly appreciated!

Respect~

FMI

• Like 1

You might have better luck posting this question in the home theater forum, where the Home Theater Gurus hang out. I'm just saying that sometimes not all knowledgeable people read all the forums. As for me, I'm interested in 2 channel stereo, and I hardly ever go to the home theater forum. There is a wealth of info on here, it's just a matter of getting in touch with the right people. Good luck with your quest for knowledge!

From the looks of your settings, Audyssey didn't seem to come close to the "correct" settings. I would try setting your towers at 60Hz, center at 90hz and your surrounds at 90Hz. Did Audyssy set any of the speakers to FULL BAND? If so, I would take them off of full band and try the numbers I suggested. Even though many tower speakers are considered full range(large), the WF-35's just don't quite make it down low enough. Let your sub handle most of the lower band and that will leave more receiver wattage to handle the rest. Try setting your LFE channel to 120Hz.

Don't let the settings I suggested be the end all, just let them be a good starting point.

Bill