Wanted - Single Heresy Cabnet!

j-malotky

Hi All

Since I located a K-400 horn and 55-V on this board - I thought I would ask if any of you fine people have any other equipment I am looking for to complete my latest project.

I am looking for an single empty Heresy Cabinet.

I am also looking for a K-22 or K-24 woofer.

My project is building a center channel to use with my Khorns. I have my modified AK network, K-77 and K-400 already. I was going to build a single cabinet to house the setup at the wall / ceiling over the Bigscreen.

To make my setup more versatile - I have decided to house it in two cabnets. The heresy woofer in its own cabinet and the Tweeter and Squawker in a separate cabnet. Hence the request for the empty cabinet!

If you have any spare equipment that I may be interested in - Please let me know!

Thanks much.

JM

Ya - I know. Been watching but have not bid on any yet. I only decided to make the components instead of a single cabinet earier this week.

I would rather buy from somebody who appreciates the equipment, before I buy from somebody who strips equipment for profit.

That last set of Heresys components on ebay is a good example....I checked the sellers recent auctions and he won the set just two weeks before for something like $380. It was obvious since one of the cabnets had a dis-colored top.

JM

j-malotky,

The Heresy is a simple closed box. Get the outside dimensions and have a cabinet maker do one for you, using 3/4 inch high quality wood.

They can do it for you in their sleep.

Getting all the drivers might take a bit more effort.

Good Luck

------------------

John P

St Paul, MN

j-malotky,

PS. I missed one detail on your original post. You said K-400 horn. Is that the big long (about 23 inches long) one from the K-horn?

If so, it will not fit the Heresey box. I am guessing it would be K-700 for the Heresey (a much shorter horn).

------------------

John P

St Paul, MN

Klewless

Yes I got a K-400 from "Big D" I know it will not fit in the Heresy box. My plan is to build two boxes. The Heresy box would just have the woofer and seal off the horn holes. The second box will have the 400 and 77 horns. This way I can mount the horns over the screen and the Woofer under the screen. I have a modified AK network for the split.

I know it will be a simple box to build. That is my plan B. Was hoping to find a nice Walnut finish instead of Black.

JM

Assuming Klipsch used the correct size box for the Heresy in the first place, I think you will want to use a smaller one for the woofer. You need to reduce the size of the original box by the volume displaced by the tweeter, squawker and possible crossover network to arrive at the same effective volume.

I have a K-22-EF I might be persuaded to part with. The rest of the components of the Heresy it came out of, along with two CTS 10" woofers, are going into a custom center channel speaker. Email me if you are interested.