Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About ProMedia 2.1 Internal Subwoofer Fuses

DEC

People have mentioned these fuses before, but I never knew where they were specifically located or what types they were. With the problems I currently have with very little sound coming out of my ProMedia 2.1 sub, I finally opened it up yesterday. There are two internal fuses and here is a pic of them:

ProMedia21fuses.jpg

They are not the same as the external fuse on the outside rear of the ProMedia 2.1 sub (which by the way, is a 2.0-amp/250-volt 5x20mm slow-blow glass fuse ... Radio Shack part number 270-1064). The two internal fuses are both 2.5-amp/250-volt 5x20mm glass fuses. The interesting thing here is that I can't find any source on-line for the internal 2.5-amp fuses (and Radio Shack doesn't carry them either). I can find plenty of 2.0-amp and 3.0-amp fuses that are 5x20mm (basically 3/4" long "shorty" fuses), but no 2.5-amp 5x20mm fuses, so I don't know where the heck you would get these from. Luckily, I did a continuity check of both of mine and they tested out OK.

Don

I called Klipsch tech support and they gave me a source for the 2.5-amp 5x20mm fuses. The place is BG Micro and their link is http://www.bgmicro.com/search.aspx?find=2.5+amp+fuses

There are 4 different part numbers for these slow-blow 2.5-amp 5x20mm fuses (all in a pack of 10), so if you need any, you may need to call BG Micro first to make sure you're getting the right ones.