Sound difference SW450 and Sub 12

_JT

I'd like to go and listen to both, but the only place that has them both AND for a good price is a bit far away. So what I'm wondering is how much difference there is in the following:

- How deep they go in practice

- How good you feel the bass in your stomach

- Sound quality

It will be used for home theatre 95% of the time, my main speakers can cope with music bass easily. It will be placed in a small to small-medium room, maybe medium in a later stage. Of course I know that the Sub 12 will probably do better in the first two respects. The question for me is, wether it;s worth the price difference so I'd like to know how big the differences are in practice. Thanks.

Where I live the SW450 is 250 euro's, the Sub 12 350 euro's and the only subs that really reach the power they promise, as the fuse capacity is proper. I'm really wondering if the 100e extra is worth it.

i personally love the sub-12 sound my local dealer had sw-450 and the sound is much better. I for one have owned my sub-12 for over 3 yrs not even a flinch of problem and it runs even better now and sound better than the day i bought it if that possible. I keep hearing about the plate amp problems with both the sub-10 and sub-12 but many of my friends that live near me all have the same luck with sub-12 some even had their sub even longer closer to 4 yrs.