Klipsch Tangent?

nixonrsx

Yeah, apparantly many of these use the same drivers as in Heritage speakers; but for whatever reason, they just do not sound like Heritage speakers.

I had a chance to get some Tangent 400s for less than $200 (I believe that was the model), same spec as Heresy (components) but passed due to that fact.

Good Luck.....

Good stuff guys....I wasnt too too interested, just checking on them. Im pretty happy with my KG-4's for now, until I find something I really want. I do feel my next speaker purchase wont be Klipsch for my 2 channel music, but well see.

Your KG 4s are very good speakers.

For 2 channel, I reccomend 3 way speakers (KG 4s are 2 way)....

I recently acquired KG 5.2s, and LOVE the bass and volume, but not quite as detailed as the Heresies..... The dedicated mids/ highs make a difference IMHO... I switched back to the Heresies last night and was amazed once again at how detailed and beautiful they really sound...... Truly amazing to me.

Heresiess with a sub will sing.... At around ~$300 or less, my opinion is they are the best bang for buck......

Chorus/ChorusII, Forte/Forte II, Cornwall are all excellent, accurate speakers.... KLF 20 or 30s are supposed to be the best speaker for rock music.

Of course LaScalas, Belles or Khorns are beyond awesome as well..... Jubilees are 2 way I believe, and may be the exception to my rule about 2 way vs. 3 way based on what I have read.....

I wish you luck on your quest......

I seem to recall that Tangents were sold at the PX at military bases.

My guess, very much a guess, is that civilian dealers objected to the PX undercutting prices on the regular line. Therefore Klipsch had to invent a different set of brands which had somewhat different cabinets and configurations so that there was no direct competition.

I don't know why they would be inferior -- maybe just a bit different.

Wm McD