The Black Keys...

jrod

It's tough (almost impossible) to find newer bands with a really soulful, meaningful sound. The Black Keys have just that sound. They are relatively new (formed in 2001) but when you listen to them you think they could have existed decades ago. Do yourself a favor and give this band a listen. If you like rough, bluesy, almost-grimmy rock; you will not be disappointed.

That is all.

Jrod

Thanks for the kind words Boxx!

Yes, please do give them a listen. A truely great band. Forum member "handrewmoore" has some great links to them in the "2-channel" section. I started the same thread over there. Really good stuff.

Boxx,

Ha! Just looked at your gear...WOW.

Truely humbled in your presence. Fantastic stuff.

I hope to accomplish that level of Klipsch'dom (not to mention Mac'dom) at some point in my life!! Incredible.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Came accross them by chance while looking at new music on iTunes. Their new album is really good. Wish I had seen your recommendation earlier. I would suggest anyone here to give them a listen. I find the instruments sound like music rather than noise like on a lot of other new bands.

• 1 month later...