Is there a way to convert the screws for attaching speaker wire on La Scala to something modern

Hello I have recently purchased a pair of La Scalas and went to hook up the speaker wire. Is there a way to upgrade the speaker wire attachment to something more modern, like banana plugs. I really want to keep the integrity of the La Scala, ie....drilling holes and such would degrade their value.

Unless your current speaker wire won't fit there's no reason to 'upgrade' to something that accepts banana plugs unless you move your speakers often or change what wire you use to them often. Due to the size and weight of LaScalas I'm going to assume that you probably don't move them around much. Banana plugs won't give you any better contact than bare wire. In fact, many inferior banana plugs will actually give you less of a contact point than bare wire will.

I am using a similar connector as in photos, except its from home Depot in Electrical dept. What I like about it better then the banna plugs, is this one uses a set screw "with a LUG to secure the speaker wire to the spade this is a better connection. ( " Terminal lug) by Thomas & Betts # Btco614-b2. Cheep & easy -solid bras. Accepts 10ga. wire.

Cornman