Trying to find right Reciever for Klipsch RF-10

ZASKARK

Hello I am new to the Klipsch Community and planning on building a new home theater after I got rid of my bose( Bad Overall Speaker Equipment) system. I am specifically looking at floor standing speakers. I did some research and found that the Kilpsch RF-10 is best choice for my budget. I am building a home theather that I plan for listing to music more than movies (so I will add surround sound speakers and a center speaker later on). I am still unsure of which reciever to buy but I have narrowed down the list to three. If anyone could tell me what the ideal reciever for the RF-10s would be I would really appreciate it. I also want to avoid having any distortion.

Link of the three Yamaha Recievers (if you reccomend other recievers in this budget please list them aswell)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=yamaha+reciever+500+watt&ih=1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0.1685_1&fsc=-1

I would also like to know if the RF-10 have good bass without a subwoofer.

Thank you for your help

Hello I am new to the Klipsch Community and planning on building a new home theater after I got rid of my bose( Bad Overall Speaker Equipment) system.

I love it!

Any of those Yamaha receivers will work well. Other brands that match well with Klipsch are Denon, Marantz, Onkyo and Harman/Kardon.

The RF-10 speakers are the smallest Reference floorstanding speakers Klipsch has ever made. They will have some bass but will definitely benefit from a subwoofer.

Don't rule out pre-owned Klipsch speakers. Search your local craigslist and you might be surprised what kind of deals you can find. I see that the MSRP for a pair of RF-10s is $538. If your budget is around $500 and you want a great Klipsch speaker with excellent bass output without a subwoofer you could easily get a pair of RF-3 series and possibly RF-5 for that price range.

Some 'vintage' speakers to consider in that price range would be Fortes, Chorus and Quartets. They'll give you incredibly detailed sound and tons of bass too.

Welcome to the forums!

Hey Zaskark, Welcome to the Klipsch forums and we're glad you're here.

I agree that any of those recievers will work. In that price range, look for the features you need. The ampilifer sections will all be about the same, so it comes down to the features you want/need.

A buddy of mine picked up this one (Pioneer) and is very happy with it--------> CLICK HERE

As I said, in this price range, get the features you need.

Dennie

Ok I have found a good reciever and it has all the right features including YPAO for Hassle-Free Configuration
and Compressed Music Enhancer (which enhances music from an mp3 player back to original quality) and it is also 525 watts. Will that a big diffrence from a 500 watts? Also should I experince any distortion using the Klipsch RF-10s with this reciever? And also is there any subwoofers you guys would reccomend I get that would go well with this set-up?

Take a look at the components and tell me what you think:

Yamaha HTR 6240BL 525 watt 5 Channel Reciever $240

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-HTR-6240BL-525-Watt-5-Channel-Receiver/dp/B001S2RDAY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1279612403&sr=1-1

Klipsch RF-10 Floorstanding Speakers $134 (each)

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-4-5-inch-Reference-Floorstanding-Loudspeaker/dp/B00096ZT0G/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1279613156&sr=1-1

Yamaha Ipod Dock $40

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YDS-11SL-Universal-Theater-Receivers/dp/B0019WX7KI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1279612371&sr=1-1

Thanks again for your help guys I hope you can answer all my questions so I can start buying the components for my home theater

Klipsch speakers are incredibly efficient. Even under very high volume levels you normally will be using probably 10-40 watts at most from your amp or receiver.

500 watts vs. 525 watts is like a car that can do 200 MPH versus a car that can do 205. Yes, there's a difference on paper but in the real world, not much.

Find a receiver in your budget that has the features you want. Yamaha is a good brand to match with Klipsch - you can't go wrong.

If you want to stick with Klipsch for a subwoofer their Sub-12 is an excellent value for the money.

By the way, there is no way a receiver can re-do an MP3 signal to sound like the original recording so don't put too much stock in a fancy compressed music enhancer.

Very good point Wuzzzer. No receiver can put bits back into a mp3. Once they are removed to make it a mp3, they can never be put back.

I checked out those links and that looks like a fine system. Yamaha makes fine gear and I double checked the Ipod cradle and it is the correct one for that receiver.

If it has the features you need, then I think you've put together a good entry level system. If your budget was larger, I might suggest upgrading the speakers. The two front speakers are the most important in a system. It is always suggested to get the best front two speakers that you can afford. It these are what your budget allows, then they are a fine first step.

Keep us posted and remember, their are no such things as "Stupid Questions", just stupid people that don't ask questions!!! [;)]

Dennie

Ok since you mentioned upgrading the speakers what would be the next step up from the RF-10's?would it be the RF-52?. The reason I am aiming for the RF-10's is because the use the same high end material as the rest of Klipsch line-up and better than the Synergy F-3 speakers, and the fact that on amazon they are $135 each! which I think is a great deal because the other Refrence speakers are $350 (each) and up! My budget is $600-700 (including the reciever and subwoofer) which I think with enough research I should end up with a good system. Should I expect the RF-10s to preform great and from any experince you might have had with them should I expect great sound from my music? Thanks for you help