Went from b&w to klipsch

Gregdpw

TheFactor, we're unfortunately highjacking this thread, so maybe you should start another... but what size room do you have? (It looks fantastic BTW!)

Thanks [:)] I beleive its about 34ft long and 28 wide with 9ft ceilings and a open stair case at both ends . Not huge but challenging but i've got the bass dialed and blends well and hits hard. The Problem though is its side by side with my kitchen and dining area included in the dimensions thats why my SR and SRB speakers are so close to the sitting area. Theres a butcher block type table just to the right of the seating area .

Arent the Heritage speakers the ones that look like subwoofers but there not and are around 3000 dollars each and up ? If so thats more than I want to spend. I prefer to be around 2000 max a speaker also I dont care for looks of the Heritage speakers although beautiful just not my taste if im thinking of the same speakers ?

Heritage Speakers are 3 way and most (if not all) have been produced for many years.

Most Expensive to least:

Klipschorn

La Scala

CornWall

Heresy

(Extended) Heritage:

Jubilee

Chorus/ Chorus II

Forte/ Forte II

Legend KLF 20/ KLF 30 may be in this category as well.....

Many used Heritage can be found for cheap. My Heresies were $250, and not in great cosmetic shape; but sound sweet.( I have touched up the cosmetic issues).

So.... by far best bang for buck.... Do some research; $500-$1000 will get some SWEET speakers.....

Good Luck.....

They are affordable on the used market. Klipschorns, seen as the corner speaker in the picture linked below, are around $2000 a pair on the used market.

The black center speaker in the picure is a La Scala (about $1000 a pair) and the one hanging on the wall is a Heresy II (about $400 a pair).

EDIT: Is the image cropped? If you can't see the black speaker under the screen, see the picasaweb link below.

dsc_6507.jpg

Picture description at http://picasaweb.google.com/p.galbraith/BasementHTRoomInProgress

Hey Peter, someone stole your ceiling! [:o] [;)] Beautiful Room! [Y]

The Factor, Klipsch are a big step UP form the studio 60's, you are in for a treat! [:P]

There are members in Oregon! I'm in California and if I look straight up, I can see them from here! [*-)]

Start a new thread and I bet you find someone.

Welcome, we're glad you're here,

Dennie

Hey Peter, someone stole your ceiling! SurpriseWink Beautiful Room! Yes

Thanks. I'll finish it someday and post final pictures. Doing reno work in other parts of the house just now...

You see the wall inset where the 50" plasma is? The latest Panny 65" fits in there with a bit more than a quarter-inch on either side! That'll be for TV and I'll get a 120" 2.35:1 screen to roll down for movies when the room and a ceiling and moldings.