K-44s on ebay

billybobg

Where are these used and are they close to K-43s? I lost out on some 43s as I just didn't want to break the bank bidding on them. Anyone on this forum win them?

bilybobg,

I just bid on and won 5 K-43 woofers. One guy had three, a guy in New York had one, and a little old lady in Texas had one.

I bought 4 MWM single bins with aluminum trim that didn't have any woofers in them from Fyrpower / Seve Kovats

The K-44 woofer is rated at 250 watts RMS, where as the K-43 is rated at 200 watts RMS. The K-44 came in the Pro Cornwall and the TSCM Bass Bin.

I would bid on them, but I am looking at that KPT-684 Sub and have been emailing back and forth with the owner.

Also, the seller of those K-44s has over $40 shipping on each one. The K-44 was used as a compression driver in the TSCM Bass Bin, so if you are thinking for La Scala use, you could use it, but slightly less efficient the the K-43, you should probably considder a Bi-Amp situation to get good Bass levels at low listening levels, but it will perform when putting the power to it.

Roger

It would have been good to somehow communicate and save one of us some money[H] I posted my maximum bid and I guess you slowly walked your way up. I've got a pair of Lascala tops that I want to build bottoms for, but from what you're saying the 44s may not be the best solution. Thanks for the reply.

bob

It would have been good to somehow communicate and save one of us some moneyCool I posted my maximum bid and I guess you slowly walked your way up. I've got a pair of Lascala tops that I want to build bottoms for, but from what you're saying the 44s may not be the best solution. Thanks for the reply.

bob

Bob,

K-44 would be fine for max SPL listening, but since it isn't as efficient as K-43, let alone K-33, it is going to take more wattage to the woofer at low listening levels to match the top end of the speakers. The best way to do this would be to bi-amp the speakers. If you just put them in to replace K-33s and used the stock cross overs, they are going to sound even brighter then before at low listening levels as it takes more wattage to get them to move the air. Since they will move more air with 250 watts then the K-33 will with 100, you could easily dial in more bass then the K-33 with bi-amping.

No way to tell who is bidding unless we colaborate here on the forum, but then, who is the seller, are we colaborating to screw another member from the forum?

I never bid on something I want if I can help doing so before hand. I hit all five of those auction with less than three seconds left. Bidding before hand tends to run the price up even more. I figgure out ahead of time exactly what I will pay, and slam it with no time left for anyone to counter bid. If I get it, I get it, if I don't another will come along. I would not have bid so much if I did not need 4 of them right now for these MWM bins. Oddly enough, the nicest looking K-43 cast basket woofer I won was almost 2 weeks ago from the little old lady in Texas. I got that one for $37 and like $17 shipping.

Roger

I actually regretted having to bid early, but I'm generally commutting about the time the three ended. As it turned out I was just getting home as it ended and I doubt if my bid would have been much different.

I didn't think of screwing a forum member out of a decent price, so you have a good point there. It's just the nature of ebay.

Good luck on your project. I'm sure you'll keep us posted.

bob

I actually regretted having to bid early, but I'm generally commutting about the time the three ended. As it turned out I was just getting home as it ended and I doubt if my bid would have been much different.

I didn't think of screwing a forum member out of a decent price, so you have a good point there. It's just the nature of ebay.

Good luck on your project. I'm sure you'll keep us posted.

bob

Thanks Bob!