What happened to klipsch??

Sinatra

Hey, ColaBear! Great to see your post... and, for my money you are right on! Since last we exchanged emails I have added a pair of Khorns, a Belle, a pair of Cornwalls, and an Academy for the music room.

But fear not, I still have six KLF-30's with a pair of KLF-C7 on each side for Front Effects. The pair of SVS Ultras were stacked into a 7' Sub Tower that provides better than commercial theater bass.

Glad to see there is another person enjoying his 30's. -HornEd

------------------

Pic6.jpg Photo update soon! -HornEd

ed, why the old pic w/o the stacked ultras? Smile.gif see the other post on justin's system. you've been challenged on the C7/rc-7 for center compromise issue. Wink.gif

i agree wholeheartedly w/ c-bear too. maybe my ears are old and my amps too warm & fuzzy, but i don't find the 30s too bright or harsh at all. and the 2nd octave slam factor is superior.

& the cornwalls are more mellow, but they also top the rf series imho. squawker is a-ok over here. clear, crisp vocals & mid instrument. a classic speaker that imo has never been matched in presentation.

cwm4.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

I do not think there is anything wrong with the new Klipsch. I LOVE IT! Today, I listoned to and ordered a new pair of RF3II's!

Pretty damn good for a high school student! $1400 is a lot for me. I think Klipsch makes the best speakers for the money. Even if I had $10 000, I would probibly stick with klipsch!

------------------

Matthew

Klipsch Rocks

This message has been edited by matthew2 on 04-04-2002 at 09:34 PM

I love my Rp-3s, but I do miss that full sound of the Heresy.

Here is my solution. It takes the best of both the Heresy and the Rp-3 and combines them (using an MIT Terminator 2 Bi-wire). Rp-3 handles the low end, Heresy handles everything else. Rp-3 midrange and horn are unused. Odd how my KSW-10 didn't make the Heresy sound as good as this.

Maybe Klipsch will add a new speaker capable of being Heritage class that is similar to this, but also extends the upper frequencies to beyond 20Khz? I won't hold my breath.