help with subs

chef73

Hello,

I just finished my home theater about a month ago and everything is great except my subs. I have a energy 10" and a klipsch ksw 12" both are down firing subs. My room as concrete floors with padding and carpet. The problem is we built a riser for the back row of seats with pressure treated 2by6 and the sub in the back has more bass then the one in front due to the wood framing. If you sit in the back row you get a lot of bass if you sit in the front row you don't get as much due to the concrete. My goal is to have both rows of seating have the same bass feel to them. I tried putting a leftover piece of ceiling tile under the sub in the back and that seemed to help with rattle but i need more bass in the front. I can't move my front sub to a corner because that is where my front floor standing speakers are. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you. My room is treated with acoustical panels (owens corning 703)

A couple things are at play here:

Two unidentical subs playing the same bass information (can cause phase cancellation and other acoustic problems)

The farther against a wall you are the stronger bass will be, the closer to the middle of the room you are the less bass you will hear/feel.